Outpatient Services Specialist (ski clinic) Job
Date: Mar 6, 2014
Location: Park City, UT, US
Employment Type: Part-Time
Work Schedule: PRN as needed - Clinic open 7 days a week during the winter
Location Name: Park City Ski Clinic
City: PARK CITY
Department: UOC OPC 40A SKI CLINIC
The University of Utah Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. The University of Utah Health Care is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
As a patient-focused organization, the University of Utah Health Care exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health Care seeks staff that are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission. EO/AA
This position makes a difference for patients in an outpatient care unit by providing excellent customer service, facilitating and ensuring the accuracy of the information flow between medical, hospital staff and departments to maximize unit efficiency. The incumbent provides administrative input regarding the internal operation of the department.
- Completes patient admission or registration process by reviewing accounts and other compliance-related documents for completeness and accuracy. Obtains and documents missing information required for completion of the registration.
- Completes patient registration into Epic for Business system which may include gathering demographic information, inputting insurance information, and assigning guarantor accounts.
- Schedules patient appointments; contacts patients for rescheduling, missed appointments and appointment reminders.
- Prepares paperwork for patient visit.
- Communicates with patients in a confidential professional manner using tact and diplomacy.
- Notifies patients and their families of co-pays, deductibles, and co-insurance as appropriate and collects co-payments.
- Reconciles against daily charge reports.
- Monitors patient flow; adjusts workflow accordingly and notifies the clinical staff.
- Answers telephones by screening and directing patients to the appropriate person.
- May perform other receptionist duties such as sorting and distributing mail.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Must be able to maintain professional demeanor in stressful or difficult situations.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
- Ability to assess data regarding the patient's status and provide care as described in the department's policies and procedures manual.
- Must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
- Basic computer skills.
- One year of continuous office experience.
- Experience with Epic, ICD- 9 and CPT 4 coding.
- Some departments may require the completion of the hospital provided medical terminology course within the first year of employment.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Nearest Major Market: Salt Lake City
Job Segments: Clinic, Medical, EMR, Temporary, Patient Care, Healthcare, Contract