Starbucks Barista - University of Utah Hospital Job
Date: Oct 9, 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, US
Employment Type: Part-Time
Work Schedule: ..
Location Name: University of Utah Hospital
City: SALT LAKE CITY
Department: UUH RET 15E NCS STARBUCKS CAFE
The University of Utah Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. The University of Utah Health Care is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
As a patient-focused organization, the University of Utah Health Care exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health Care seeks staff that are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission. EO/AA
This job ensures service standards are met and surpassed by creating the Starbucks Experience for your customers by providing customers with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment.
• Delivers Legendary Service to all customers by acting with a “customer comes first” attitude and connecting with the customer.
• Responds to customer needs and says “thank you” to every customer.
• Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating the environment and customers for cues.
• Discover customer needs and appropriately suggests product with every customer to enhance service and meet your sales goals.
• Assist customers in the selection and purchase of specialty coffee beverages and whole bean sales (as applicable).
• Maintains customer service area and equipment in a clean and appealing manner.
• Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
• Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
• Demonstrates “Just Say Yes” behavior when taking care of customer needs.
• Follows store policies and procedures for operational flow at each station.
• Performs cleaning tasks and standards and works as a store team player.
• Presents oneself professionally and demonstrates clear communication with all customers and interactions with fellow associates.
• Follows Standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing all products.
• Performs equipment maintenance in accordance with Starbucks standards.
• Follows cash handling and register policies.
• Follows inventory stocking and recording guidelines.
• Ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined above.
• Basic math and computer skills.
• Demonstrated communication and human relations skills.
- Six months of food service, customer service experience or equivalency.
- Current food service worker’s permit.
- Incumbents must successfully complete the Starbucks training program
Nearest Major Market: Salt Lake City
Job Segments: Clinic, Barista, Part Time, Hourly, Food Service, Healthcare, Hospitality